In October 2017, Tracey and David came to the Clare Valley as tourists to cycle the Riesling Trail and sample the area’s renowned wines. They decided to stay at Watervale Retreat because it was located in the middle of the Riesling Trail, enabling them to cycle the northern half of the trail one day and the southern half the next. Watervale Retreat was their favourite place on their holiday, cycling through six wine regions across New South Wales, South Australia and Victoria.
They loved the place so much, they bought it!
What impressed them so much about Watervale Retreat was:
- The spotless and well equipped cabins
- The peace and tranquility of the location
- The nearby access to the Riesling Trail and wineries
- The bush setting and the animals
- The fresh hot bread delivered every morning; and
- The most comfortable bed they had ever slept on.
In November 2018, Tracey and David left behind their busy lives in Sydney to begin a new adventure in this beautiful rural community. They hope that you will visit as their guest and experience for yourself what drew them to this wonderful valley.